Friday, October 4, 2013

Alaska Expidition - Anchorage - Journey began

It was the month of June ,year 2013 when Atish came up with this idea that we should travel to Alaska.
I was shocked at first cause I believed that a place like Alaska needed a lot of Planning and arrangement.
But I agreed.

Then began the journey.
It was already planned by Atish himself, I just went along.
We started from Chicago Ohare on 2nd July'13.
It was a long flight. We first reached Salt Lake City , and then Anchorage,AK.
But this time ,we both were very tired and desperately wanted to rest.
The airport at Anchorage had few Brown Bears already displayed , and seeing them we were getting exited to see whats waiting for us out therein Alaska.

We came out from Airport and headed to the rental car stop.
We initially for a different car which we changed for a Toyota Corolla.
It was our old car and we both were emotionally attached with it so without any thought we picked it and went ahead to our hotel destination.
By this time , I was too exhausted and needed to lay down.
And I was out taking a much needed nap.

Few hours later, I was hearing Atish calling up a flight company for a glacier tour.
It was the Knik Glacier.
Even thought my sleep was not complete but I had to wake up and get ready for the tour and also explore Anchorage Downtown.

We reached the spot and then begun our first explore.
With the initial bump we kept flying.
All around I can see is glaciers - blue , white in colour,
We were flying just above it so close.
It was a breath taking feeling truly.


No comments: